LeBron James elevates and detonates vs. the Raptors
The Cleveland Cavaliers rarely resemble what the Miami Heat looked like with LeBron James. They’re just built differently, and the dynamics are wildly different. Every now and again, though, they show a little bit of that “Flying Death Machine” with LeBron James on the break with great athletes, like they did on this fly-high jam on the alley-oop jump-pass from Kyrie Irving.
The rim made that noise that sounds like something being ripped off spring hinges. Those are fun. Not really a rattle, more like “we had to design a mechanism to compensate for the impact of dunks like this so he wouldn’t tear the rim off.”
Here’s a fun photo of the dunk, via USATSI:
LeBron James had the crowd freaking out.
1. That face you make when you see what Draymond Green did to Steven Adams in Game 3.
2. The rare combination of being appalled and entertained.
3. “I’m not even mad. I’m just impressed.”
4. “Hmmph. Thinks he’s so special. Mr. ‘Chosen One.’ I could probably do that if you paid me $25 million a year.” Also, a very Popeye face.
5. “That’ll do, pig. That’ll do.”